Sunday, April 13, 2008

All About Town


Once the weather warmed up Colin and Mommy, I mean "I", (always talking in the 3rd person with a baby), have been out to lunch on several occasions. He's always a great lunch date, falls asleep in his cozy car seat and doesn't wake up even when being held. We even made it to an after work happy hour! Hmmm..Cinco de Mayo is coming up and we need to be thinking about if we want Super Aunt Kathy to babysit or bring Colin along. But I digress.

On Friday, we visited Bill at his office to introduce Colin to Bill's co-workers. Colin did very well, again sleeping through everything. He received many compliments on his cuteness. Bill was a very proud papa. We will be making an appearance at Mommy's office next week.

Colin is starting to smile and coo. He enjoys the mobile in his crib and kicks his legs at the dangling figurines. He smiles a lot at his funny daddy who makes really goofy faces to encourage Colin's response. We are trying Tummy Time, however, Colin is not interested in that yet.

We seem to be adding to the amount of sleep we get at night. Colin has been pulling a few four hour naps between midnight and 4AM. This is encouraging. I hope it increases by another hour or so before I head back to work in 3 weeks. I've been surveying my other mommy friends to get their advice on morning routines for remembering Colin's things for daycare, getting to work on time, and looking somewhat presentable. I'm sure it will take a few days to figure out what's going to work for us.