Monday, June 6, 2011

School Transition

Colin is in his last week of being a Penguin at school. He and a few classmates move up to the Bunny room next week. He's been talking about becoming a Bunny for months and one of his 'best buds' is already a Bunny. That was until the transition started -visits to the Bunnies and getting to know his new teachers. Colin hit the brakes! He definitely needs time to assess the new situation and I think he finally realized what it's going to mean to be a Bunny: new room, new (older) friends and new teachers. He doesn't want to leave his favorite teacher, his love, Annie.

We've been talking about the changes and that they can be scary and different, but he's going to be okay...I explained that this is his last week as a Penguin and that next Monday he moves to the Bunny room. He thought about it for a minute and said, "I think I'll take that day off."

I think we are going to have a few weeks of rough transition, then he'll be fine.